World Environment Day is the United Nations’ most important day for encouraging worldwide awareness and action for the protection of our environment. Connecting People to Nature’, the theme for World Environment Day 2017, encourages us to get outdoors and into nature, to appreciate its beauty, its, and to take forward the call to protect the Earth that we share. Join us to celebrate Nature. How?
Hit the park
- Go out and enjoy national parks and other wilderness areas in your city and country. Set a challenge: go for a hike, reach the furthest corner of the park or identify the species of plants, trees, birds and other animals that you encounter.
Improve your knowledge
- Come watch ‘A Plastic Ocean’ at CineONU at Cinema Galeries on 30 May at 18.30. Registration via http://www.unric.org/en/next-screening (no access without pre-registration)
- Attend on 2 June the 2nd edition of the Bel Movie Day Film Festival organised by Bruxelles Environnement at Tours et Taxis from 17.30 to 23.00 – More info here (Link to: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bel-movie-day-tickets-34317750315)
- Join us on Sunday 4 June at the Festival de l‘Environnement of Bruxelles Environnement at the Parc Cinquentenaire from 00 to 17.00. A UN Team (UN Environment and United Nations Regional Information Centre staff) will be there near the #Forest CityProjectExhibition of our partner Revolve Media, to invite you to reconnect with nature through a short quiz and visit of the exhibition. More info here
Share your experience
- Help us create the world’s biggest nature album by sharing a photo or video of the place that matters most to you. Capture your favorite spot in nature. Find your happy place–it could be a national park or a hidden gem. Even better if it includes you. Share your favorite place in nature and why it matters to you on social media using our tags:
Find out more and join us: http://worldenvironmentday.global/